2017 Academic Results
ATAR of 89.9 and to be placed in a similar rank to 2016 indicating that the strategies we have implemented have made a difference and enables us to show consistency of results, particularly when we do not offer academic scholarships.
2017 Top 10 Perth Schools in Ranking Order
- Perth Modern School
- St Hilda’s Anglican
- Christ Church Grammar
- Penrhos College
- St Mary’s Anglican School
- Santa Maria College
- John XXIII College
- Manjimup Senior High School
- Presbyterian Ladies’ College
- Carmel School
Why are we achieving consistently high results?
- Whole school focus providing teacher feedback to students
- Implementation of student self-reflections to identify areas for improvement
- Highly effective counselling process commencing in Year 10
- Transition interviews for every Year 11 student
- Highly committed teachers who provide excellent teaching and additional support as needed.
- Strong focus on the new syllabus statements for each course to guide all teaching, learning and revision
- Semester based courses in Year 10 Science and Humanities and Social Sciences
- Four term Year 12 providing additional time
- Whole school focus on revision and exam techniques
- Tracking of students by the Deans of Year, particularly in Years 11 and 12
- Use of surveys to gain student feedback on Teaching and Learning
Congratulations must go to all our girls for the commitment and hard work they have demonstrated throughout their courses in Years 11 and 12, to all our staff who are such dedicated professionals and to our parents with whom we work in partnership to achieve the best possible outcomes for their daughters.
Next week we will celebrate the individual achievements of students at our Achiever’s Assembly. The Assembly will follow our inaugural Year 13 breakfast for our graduating Class of 2017, who are all welcome to attend the Assembly. We will feature individual achievements in next week’s News Blog.
Jennifer Oaten, Principal