Frustration is a Waste of Your Time
It’s very easy to allow stress and daily worries to unhinge us. This can lead us to feel frustrated and discouraged. As many situations in life are out of our control, spending unnecessary time and energy on worrying about these situations is a waste of time. We are much better off accepting the challenges as they arise and then learning how to navigate through them. In fact, if we turn to God’s word for direction instead, we are immediately consoled.
“Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken” Psalm 55:22.
God’s Words are Transformative
God’s word has the power to transform any situation. The more we look to God’s word for comfort and strength, the smaller our problems are and hence, the smaller our frustrations become. What we need to do is look at the challenges we have experienced and note God’s hand in getting us through the difficulty. But how do we do this? Where do we see God’s hand at work in our lives when all we see are the setbacks that bring frustration?
Try to do the following:
- Recognise the people and the opportunities that came your way during your trials. This is God’s way of supporting you through the difficulty.
- The words of encouragement from a family member or friend, a listening ear, or the helping hand was God’s way of showing you He cares.
- It’s never too late to put your trust in God. He is always waiting for you. It’s that simple.
- God will never allow you to carry more than you can bear.
- Create a ‘God bag’. Every time you get anxious or feel frustrated, write it down and put it in the ‘God bag’. Then stop worrying about the situation and let God handle it.
Cast Your Worries on God
God will always get us through our anxieties, but we must trust in His promises. This won’t make all our troubles go away, but at least it should encourage us. These words from the prophet Jeremiah should reassure us: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future”. (Jeremiah 39:11).
We will all get anxious some time or the other and this will cause frustration. However, we must learn to ‘Let Go and Let God’. There is always light at the end of the tunnel. What we must do is push through our frustrations and keep our focus on our Maker. God will make a way for us and see us through whatever obstacles come our way.