Mythbusters Science Fair
Myth Busters is a fun Science elective where students learn more about the scientific method and participate in project-based, hands-on learning while designing an experiment of their choice.
Year 7 students have just completed their MythBusters Science fair experiments and presented them today in a Science Fair to parents and other students. This is the culmination of their Semester 1 work.
Below are some of the topics the girls investigated:
- Does changing the appearance of food affect our perception of taste?
- Does bullying a plant cause it to grow slower compared to a plant that has kind words spoken to it?
- Does chocolate decrease your concentration levels?
- Does the wearing of a fuzzy onesie increase the likelihood of hugs, compared to wearing school uniform?
- Does eating sugar affect your ability to do exercise?
- How does the density of an object affect its ability to float?