Life Skills at the Ready
The Year 12 ACCESS Transition Program is a unique opportunity for our students to participate in workshops, which will assist their transition to life beyond school.
Our graduating ACCESS girls have enjoyed a great range of activities both in our Careers Centre and outside the College throughout the week.
Activities have included:
- Financial literacy talk by a guest from the Commonwealth Bank
- Responsible Service of Alcohol training
- Resume writing
- Senior First Aid course
- Tasty Tuesday – Students were given a budget, planned, shopped, prepared and served a meal to a guest invited to share lunch with them.
- Barista training at a Perth Coffee School
- Beauty Day at WA Academy of Beauty
This has been a wonderful conclusion to the ACCESS program, which has seen our students gain a number of VET Certificates and experience a range of work places, TAFE and employment opportunities. We wish the girls the best of luck in their pursuits in their future studies and employment.
© SANTA MARIA COLLEGE, 2017. Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts of up to 150 words and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to the author and Santa Maria College with appropriate and specific links to the original content.