Mythbusters Science Fair
Myth Busters is a fun Science elective where students learn more about the scientific method and participate in project-based, hands-on learning while designing an experiment of their choice.
Year 7 students have just completed their MythBusters Science fair experiments and presented them today in a Science Fair to parents and other students. This is the culmination of their Semester 1 work.
Below are some of the topics the girls investigated:
- Does changing the appearance of food affect our perception of taste?
- Does bullying a plant cause it to grow slower compared to a plant that has kind words spoken to it?
- Does chocolate decrease your concentration levels?
- Does the wearing of a fuzzy onesie increase the likelihood of hugs, compared to wearing school uniform?
- Does eating sugar affect your ability to do exercise?
- How does the density of an object affect its ability to float?
© SANTA MARIA COLLEGE, 2017. Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts of up to 150 words and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to the author and Santa Maria College with appropriate and specific links to the original content.