Year 9 Students Making a Difference in the Community
Strive9 is a service based social justice program for our Year 9 students. Over the course of the term, the girls have been preparing service programs in their Homeroom groups. This week all their planning and hard work came to fruition. On Thursday, the girls implemented their projects.
- Byrne House visited an aged care facility and served morning tea, created activities and pamper packs for the residents.
- Corbett House visited a primary school and made picture books and visited a Year 4 class to do some educational activities.
- de la Hoyde House visited Zonta House providing lunch, gardening activities and packs.
- Dillon House welcomed the students from St Gerard’s Catholic Primary School. The girls ran educational games, served lunch and morning tea.
- Frayne House travelled to Mt Claremont Primary School where they delivered stationery packs and helped out with the students.
- O’Donnell House went to Coolbellup Community School where they were involved in maths, English language, art and sport activities with Year 1 students.
- O’Reilly House hosted the students from Clontarf Aboriginal College where they played games at Troy Park, created a banner together, provided lunch and enjoyed some science experiments.
Above is a video reflecting on the process.
© SANTA MARIA COLLEGE, 2017. Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts of up to 150 words and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to the author and Santa Maria College with appropriate and specific links to the original content.