Recreational Studies: Snorkelling Excursion
A glorious day greeted the Year 9 Recreational Studies classes at Rottnest Island this week, as they completed the snorkelling unit of their course. The girls were accompanied by staff and parents.
Students were assessed on their knowledge and understanding of the following:
- Snorkelling practical skills
- Snorkelling safety and survival skills
- Trip planning
- Risk assessment and risk management
- Conservation and environmental awareness
- Knowledge and awareness of the flora and fauna found on Rottnest Island
Students have been working hard in the lead up to the excursion, developing their practical snorkelling skills in class time.
Students were split into eight groups for the excursion. Each group visited three different bays on the island, riding bicycles between each bay.
They will now complete an assignment related to their experience at Rottnest.