Great Sense of Pride – Wellbeing Assembly – Jennifer Oaten Principal
To help share this experience with you, here is the program from the assembly and some video footage. Enjoy.
- Year 12 Rock band performed ‘Under Pressure’.
This set the tone for a very moving assembly. There is nothing better that a little bit of QUEEN.
- Year 7 Captains led us in prayer with a special message of look after ourselves and others.
- Year 10 Dance Class performed ‘This too shall pass’ to a beautiful piece of music ‘Til Enda’.
- Mental Health Ambassadors shared the role they have played in developing our Mental Health Strategy and thanked the students for supporting them with the collection of data.
- As Principal, I launched the Mental Health Strategy and encouraged all our girls to think about how they could contribute.
- Year 7/8 Choir sang ‘Lean on Me’ before 1300 voices joined together as one, for the chorus.
- Guest Speaker Laura Allison – Coordinator of Psychology, Catholic Education Western Australia
Laura shared key messages based on ‘Lean on Me’; reaching out to others, building relationships with your friends, understanding we all have difficult times but tomorrow will be better and the importance of celebrating joy.
- Year 5 students shared what they love in life in a short film.
- Year 5s demonstrated how dance can bring so much joy to the performers and the audience.
- Father Elio, our Priest in Residence gave us a final blessing and we all left feeling uplifted and proud of each and every one of the many students who contributed to such a heartwarming and engaging assembly.
I hope you enjoy the videos and that they capture some of the incredible messages delivered throughout the Wellbeing Assembly.